A Scary Spider Puppet
- An empty soda can
- Two bottle caps
- Colored cotton balls (purple, pink, blue or white) need 3 different colors if possible
- Two clear plastic gloves
- Black marker
- Adhesive tape
- Empty yogurt, pudding or fruit container
How to build it:
- Wash your soda can out well, and have an adult remove the pop top.
- Glue multicolored cotton balls to the outside of the can, except for the top and a strip along the side.
- Fill two clear plastic gloves with cotton balls.
- Use adhesive tape to close off the end of one glove. Glue it to the uncovered strip on the side of the can.
- Do the same with the other glove. Cover the area where the gloves meet with glued-on cotton balls. Make sure the two thumbs stick out over the face like antennae.
- Find two bottle caps and draw eyes on the insides with a magic marker. Glue the caps over the opening of the can.
- You can make a pedestal for your spider out of a small yogurt container, or hang it from an elastic string or large rubber band.
| Use your imagination: You can make other glove creatures, too. Try making an octopus or different kind of alien life forms.
From Creating By Recycling (Crafts For All Seasons), by Anna Llimos and Laia Sadurni. Blackbirch Press (c) 2000, Blackbirch Press. Reprinted by permission of The Gale Group.